REGISTRATION CLOSES ON JULY 8TH
Socialize In Boston is excited to be throwing our very first Beer Pong / Beirut Tournament with proceeds to benefit The Home for Little Wanderers.
Here’s some good information to know:
Where / When is the event?
The Point located at 147 Hanover Street. We’ll be starting up at 3:00.
What does this event cost?
Registration for a 2 person team is $20.00. Please keep in mind that proceeds of your donation will support The Home for Little Wanderers. Everyone who registers will be receiving:
*Socialize in Boston Nametag
*Socialize in Boston T-Shirt
Appetizers will also be provided
Winners will be receiving a trophy and the octobong, the 8 chamber beer bong.
REGISTRATION CLOSES ON JULY 8TH
We will have prizes for the winners which we will announce once we have a better idea on how many teams will be competing. Location will also be announced shortly but will be in the Faneuil Hall area.
Who is Socialize in Boston? http://socializeinboston.com/
Socialize in Boston is a social networking group that gives professionals a chance to meet new people in a casual and fun atmosphere. People of all ages have gathered to join the bar crawls, and we’ve raised money and goods for local charities. We also spread the word about other similar events we’ve heard about, as well as new places and bar/restaurant specials. We’re bringing people together, one drink at a time for local charities.
A nationally renowned, private, non-profit child and family service agency. It has been part of the Massachusetts landscape for over 200 years, making it the oldest agency of its kind in the nation and one of the largest in New England. Originally founded as a orphanage in 1799 (see history for more details), The Home today plays a leadership role in delivering services to thousands of children and families each year through a system of residential, community-based and prevention programs, direct care services, and advocacy.
How Do I Sign Up?
Registration is done via paypal. We have limited spots available on a first come, first serve basis. Teams are guaranteed to play at least 2 games. Click the link below to sign up. Please also indicate your shirt size.
1. Cups are arranged, 6 on a side, in pyramid formation
2. One team of two starts off with two balls. Players throw the ball across the court, trying to get the ball in a cup. When a ball lands in a cup, one player from that side must chug that cup, and it is removed from the play area (pushing it to the side is OK). When both players on a team sink a cup, they get the balls back.
3. Cups are restacked into pyramids when 3 cups remain on a side.
4. If a player, for any reason whatsoever, drops a ball into a cup on his own side, it counts.
5. If the ball is still spinning in the cup, only girls can blow it out.
6. There is a cup of warm water to dip the ball in, in the event that the ball picks up something unpleasant off of the floor.
7. After the last cup is made, the team behind gets 2 shots (one per partner) to try and rebut.
8. No bouncing and No leaning, just shoot the ball in the cup. Your elbow must stay behind the plane of the table. Balls that miss the cup or bounce before hitting the cup are considered dead.
9. If you shoot and you make 2 balls in the same cup before the opposite team takes the cup away, they have to take away 2 additional cups of their choice plus the one you hit.
10. No substitute shooters. You start the game, you finish the game.